READY TO GO EXHIBIT
3D Energy City
Attract and engage visitors with an 3D Interactive Energy City Model
The 3D Interactive Energy City Model is an engaging learning experience that challenges visitors to make the best choices around power-saving measures in their homes, energy-efficient city planning, and different aspects of power generation. The exhibit uses high-definition projections and touchscreens for visitor input.
The exhibit draws attention as it transforms a simple painted wood model of a cityscape into a dynamically changing audiovisual presentation which visitors influence using touchscreens surrounding the model. As visitors engage with a minigame challenge using touchscreens, they are asked to make the right decisions to balance the energy demand and supply of our model city while maintaining a good environmental footprint. This involves implementing power-saving measures and selecting sustainable energy sources. Choices immediately affect animations projected onto the cityscape providing feedback on the health status of the city’s energy grid to players. The exhibit allows for the simultaneous engagement of multiple players or teams, each controlling specific areas of the city.
The interactive exhibit:
• Is designed for a multi-user, educational experience
• Provides information on different types of power generation
• Includes information on solar, wind, coal, hydroelectric and nuclear power
• Presents challenges to the visitor around choices on lighting, heating, cooking, etc.
• Asks the visitor to balance monetary and environmental effects
• Is designed for durability in high volume exhibition environments