We are looking for a Cape Town-based Multi-Media Art Director to join our team. The person should enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and love the challenge of discovering what makes a great learning experience for our clients and their audiences. You will work closely with a design-savvy team to devise overall concepts and ensure the highest quality artistic output on our projects.
The goal is to translate design strategies into innovative and impressive experiences that stimulate and educate targeted audiences.
- Generate clear ideas and concepts in tandem with the copywriter
- Produce sketches, storyboards, and roughs to visualize ideas
- Understand strategic positioning and target audience
- Cooperate and work with the rest of the creative team across different types of media
- Take work from concept to final execution within deadlines
- Be involved in the production of multimedia assets
- Manage and delegate responsibilities to other designers and provide direction
- Present completed ideas to clients/team members
- Stay on top of all trends and maintain best practices
Requirements and skills
- Experience in creating multimedia designs for a variety of digital platforms such as tablet apps, video production, animation, interactive installations, and alternative technologies (analogue user experiences)
- A strong understanding of design principles, including composition, colour theory, typography, and user experience thinking. Bonus: Having experience working with Arabic content would be a major advantage
- Proficiency in multimedia software such as Adobe Creative Suite, Figma, Unity3D and other multimedia creation tools. Bonus: Any motion graphic software such as Blender or After Effects
- Ability to lead and mentor other designers and collaborate with cross-functional teams such as developers, project managers, and designers
- Excellent communication skills to convey design concepts and ideas to stakeholders
- A strong portfolio that showcases previous multimedia designs and projects, demonstrating a variety of styles and techniques. Bonus: Has game design experience
- Experience in art direction, leading a team and driving vision and creative direction. Is a self-starter and not reliant on others to tell them what to do
- Ability to conduct research and stay up-to-date with the latest trends and technologies in multimedia design.
What you will do?
You will be in charge of making sure that the art assets used in projects are stylish and appropriate. You’ll create an overall design while directing and working with others to develop the artwork, layouts, concepts and user experiences.
You’ll be responsible for creating and/or managing the creation of compelling concepts and visuals that speak directly our target audience. You’ll also have to ensure that the design department follows production, productivity, and quality standards.
As a great Art Director:
You must have a clear vision and an open mind to accept influence from the design team including the creative director/s. You must also have the ability to best leverage the talent and resources the team (internal & external and your own) provides to create amazing designs.
Who will you work with?
The internal team and freelance artists like graphic designers, illustrators, storyboard artists, sound designers, animators, architects etc. ensuring success on a project.
Salary aligned with experience and skill set.